Category: Community

Life is Too Short to Eat Out

Life is Too Short to Eat Out

| March 9, 2016 | Reply

Life is Too Short to Eat Out A play in three acts Prologue: Maybe not if you’re twenty, but if you are over fifty, and have fewer days ahead of you than you’ve already lived, you might want to carefully consider where you eat out, or if you go out at all. Now that I […]

Read More

Remembering a Mentor, Photographer Jimmy Moore

Remembering a Mentor, Photographer Jimmy Moore

| February 15, 2016 | 3 Replies

Today I am remembering a mentor, photographer Jimmy Moore. Jimmy was a top New York fashion photographer in the 1960’s and 70’s, who went on to direct commercials. Unbeknownst to me, he had seen me on a “Saturday Night Live” sketch I’d performed in in the 1980’s, and when he was out in Los Angeles in 1992 […]

Read More

Yummy Potato Salad with Blood Oranges

Yummy Potato Salad with Blood Oranges

| February 9, 2016 | 1 Reply

On Fridays, I make up a few dishes from my farm box. Last Friday was a yummy potato salad with blood oranges. I was asked for the recipe, so here goes. Yummy Potato Salad with Blood Oranges ~ Ingredients ~ 5 medium-sized Yellow Finn potatoes, steamed tender & chunked 4 boiled farm fresh eggs, chopped 2 […]

Read More

Late Bloomer Inspired StoneMalas Bracelet!

Late Bloomer Inspired StoneMalas Bracelet!

| February 5, 2016 | Reply

Late Bloomer Inspired StoneMalas Bracelet! I am excited to announce an artistic collaboration with jewelry designer and photographer, Heather Muro. With my input, Heather has created a “Garden Collection” bracelet package inspired by the themes and colors of Late Bloomer Show! I mentioned my first bracelet in my Jerusalem Artichoke episode (click here to see). We […]

Read More

Sharing Seeds, Helps You, Helps Me!

Sharing Seeds, Helps You, Helps Me!

| February 1, 2016 | 11 Replies

Sharing Seeds, Helps You, Helps Me! I finally got my seeds organized and photographed this week. I’ve promised seeds to a few people, including my youngest fan, a 15 year-old gardener named Ben, who loves Late Bloomer! I don’t sell my seeds, as I am new at the seed saving thing, and don’t guarantee them […]

Read More

Gardening as Therapy on New Year’s Day

Gardening as Therapy on New Year’s Day

| January 2, 2016 | 6 Replies

I tried gardening as therapy on New Year’s Day. I don’t know about you, but times have been tough of late, and the best way I know to feel better is to get in the garden, which you can do in Southern California in winter! My husband took a rare day from his work to lend […]

Read More

Yummy Winter Squash Salad

Yummy Winter Squash Salad

| December 1, 2015 | Reply

I cooked all day Friday, and one of the dishes was a yummy winter squash salad. I didn’t plan it, my goal was to cook up all those squash I had photographed in my new Growing Winter Squash episode, as well as a few vegetables left over from my last farm box. (I have a small […]

Read More

Donate

Donate

| November 25, 2015 | 9 Replies

Please DONATE to help defray production costs of “Late Bloomer” episodes. My team of three gives me the best rates in Hollywood, but still each episode costs money. All donations come with my profound thanks! Megan’s Editing Screen during a cut of Growing Heirloom Tomatoes Help me inspire people to grow their own food and take […]

Read More

Growing Winter Squash – Spaghetti & Pumpkin

Growing Winter Squash – Spaghetti & Pumpkin

| November 25, 2015 | 2 Replies

In Growing Winter Squash – Spaghetti & Pumpkin on “Late Bloomer,” I take you through my experience of growing heirloom Cinderella pumpkin (Rouges Vif d’Etampes) and spaghetti squash for the first time. In addition to the varieties of winter squash I grew in my garden (kabocha and cushaw are covered in Part 2), I got a few varieties from […]

Read More

Mob Grazing in Tennessee

Mob Grazing in Tennessee

| November 10, 2015 | Reply

Mob Grazing in Tennessee, the latest episode of Late Bloomer, includes an interview with cattleman Lee McCormick at his 4000 acre ranch in Pinewood Tennessee. With additional photography by Heather Muro @MuroPhoto, original music, and wait for the bloopers! Don’t forget to subscribe! Lee details how mob grazing all over the planet could correct its carbon […]

Read More