Category: Community

My Holidays with Perspective Message

My Holidays with Perspective Message

| January 2, 2017 | Reply

Did you catch my Holidays with Perspective Message? Outspeak put out a call for holiday videos with perspective, for example, how you are making the world a better place this holiday. “Outspeak™ is the online video network that empowers a new generation of digital voices, built for the opinionated, charismatic and informative storyteller.” This short video was my offering. […]

Read More

Happy New Year and my Robert Redford Moment

Happy New Year and my Robert Redford Moment

| January 1, 2017 | 2 Replies

In 2011, our family was flying back from Salt Lake City early morning after an enjoyable Christmas ski trip in Park City, Utah. We had managed to get first-class seats, but in the small jets that make the short flight to Los Angeles, that only meant we were in the front of the plane. There were four seats […]

Read More

The Vlog at 50

The Vlog at 50

| November 30, 2016 | Reply

Consider the Vlog at 50, actually 51. From my first vlog, shot, edited and uploaded from my iPhone on March 19th this year in Vancouver, British Columbia, to my “Giving Thanks” published just before Thanksgiving, I’ve made 51 video logs this year (not counting the 2-parter ready to upload tomorrow). Add the “Late Bloomer” episodes and […]

Read More

Giving Thanks to my Subscribers

Giving Thanks to my Subscribers

| November 23, 2016 | 2 Replies

In today’s vlog, I am giving thanks to my subscribers. From seeds to jellies, garlic, cuttings and donations, this week has been a rich one for Late Bloomer. Please watch and share my special Thanksgiving message. If you enjoy “Late Bloomer,” please share with a friend. Thank you! HOW YOU CAN HELP: I receive a small […]

Read More

Greg Peterson at The Urban Farm

Greg Peterson at The Urban Farm

| November 18, 2016 | Reply

Greg Peterson at The Urban Farm has been growing food in his yard in Phoenix for 41 years, and has become a local legend and internationally recognized. Check out my interview with Greg and visit to his farm in November. Greg has influenced hundreds, if not thousands, of people to grow their own food in […]

Read More

Web Fest Results so Far

Web Fest Results so Far

| July 11, 2016 | Reply

Web Fest Results so Far I have only submitted to five festivals, as there usually isn’t a perfect category for Late Bloomer, which is educational entertainment, or Edutainment. Miami Web Fest had this category and I won. Submitting to festivals costs money, and attending out of area fests, especially out of country fests, costs a […]

Read More

New Vlog, New Late Bloomer!

New Vlog, New Late Bloomer!

| June 26, 2016 | 1 Reply

I’ve got a new vlog, new Late Bloomer today for you! In case you are not subscribed to my YouTube channel, click this link and check out the new offerings. I flew over to Phoenix at the invitation of Jacq Davis whose permaculture-style Epic Yard Farm was thriving in 117° sizzling heat. There’s much more to […]

Read More

Keeping the Balls in the Air

Keeping the Balls in the Air

| May 30, 2016 | Reply

I’m having a little trouble keeping the balls in the air. Now that I have taken to Vlogging (like blogging, but on video), my blog has taken a hit. Today is Memorial Day, and I’ll try to brief you on my comings and goings these last few weeks! In late April, I left the Late Bloomer […]

Read More

Vlogging my Way across the East

Vlogging my Way across the East

| May 11, 2016 | Reply

I’ve been vlogging my way across the east coast. Until this past March I hadn’t heard of a Vlog, so don’t feel bad if you haven’t. A vlog is like a blog, but on video, a video log. YouTube suggests vlogging to build audience for your channel. Travel makes a great excuse for vlogging. Young people are […]

Read More

Rain Barrel Set-up Is Harder Than It Looks!

Rain Barrel Set-up Is Harder Than It Looks!

| March 16, 2016 | 2 Replies

Rain barrel set-up is harder than it looks, as witnessed in my latest Late Bloomer! With non-stop news about our big El Nino bringing winter rains this year, I thought it best to procure two more barrels. I set them up at the diagonal opposite of my house. Since they would be visible walking in […]

Read More